A family member, the inmate’s attorney or the significant other must facilitate all the required paperwork. The Judge overseeing the inmate’s case and the Jail Commander must first approve (to ensure there are no safety or security issues). If the Judge agrees, a court order may be issued stating the date and time the inmate is to be transported. The family members or significant other must check to make sure the clerk’s office has an open time to conduct the marriage. The family members or significant other must give the Jail Commander notice so that he can make sure officers are prepared to transport and provide security at the clerk’s office when the marriage is to be conducted. Any fees required (i.e.: marriage license) are paid through the clerk’s office.