Information About Internships
In order to be considered for an internship with the Vanderburgh County Sheriff’s Office, VCSO, the student must:
- Be an enrolled student, in good standing, at an accredited college or university
- Be enrolled in a baccalaureate or associate degree program focusing on criminal justice or a law enforcement related field of study
- Have met university requirements (prerequisite courses, GPA, etc) for an internship
- Have local, municipal law enforcement as a career goal
- Submit a letter of interest and request placement as an intern
- Have the university/college internship coordinator or faculty advisor send a letter confirming that academic requirements have been met
- Submit to a criminal records check
The Sheriff’s Office currently allows two (2) students per semester (Spring, Fall, Summer) to complete internships. Internship requests are filled in the order that they are received and at the discretion of the sheriff. Once a student has been cleared for an internship, the VCSO internship coordinator will work with the student in developing a schedule.
DATE: Wednesday, September 14, 2022 SUBJECT: Sheriff's Office Holds Recognition Ceremony RELEASE NUMBER: 2022-NR-0914 CONTACT: Lt. Noah Robinson AUTHORITY: Sheriff Dave...
DATE: September 2, 2022 SUBJECT: Vanderburgh County Sheriff’s Deputies Honored by DEA RELEASE NUMBER: 2022-NR-0902 CONTACT: Sheriff Dave Wedding AUTHORITY: Sheriff Dave...